Low Carb Cherry Cheesecake
A low carb version of one of our favourite desserts, perfect for an indulgent treat.
Low Carb Cherry Cheesecake (v)
- For the base:
- 230g Ground Almonds
- 90g Butter
- 2 tsp Stevia
- For the filling:
- 960g Soft Cheese
- 1 tsp Stevia
- 80ml Extra Thick Double Cream
- 4 Large Eggs
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- For the topping:
- 140g Cherries
- 2 tbsp Water
- Preheat the oven to 180°C and line a 10-inch springform tin with greaseproof paper.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan over a low heat. Once melted, remove from the heat and add the ground almonds and 2 tsp stevia, stir until the mixture forms a dough.
- Press the dough into the bottom of the tin and go up 1 inch on the sides.
- Bake the base for 10-12 minutes until slightly golden, then remove from the oven and leave to cool. Reduce the temperature of the oven to 160°C/140°C fan (320°F/280°F).
- In a blender, add the soft cheese, 1 tsp stevia, extra thick double cream, eggs and vanilla extract. Blend on high for 2-3 minutes until the mixture is smooth.
- Pour the mixture into the pre-cooked base and then bake for 1 hour 20 minutes. Remove from the oven and leave to cool.
- While the cheesecake is cooling prepare the cherry topping. Remove the stones from the cherries and then simmer in a pan with the water for 5-10 minutes. Use a spatula to break the cherries apart and add additional water if you like the sauce to be thinner.
- Remove the cheesecake from the tin and then pour the cherry topping on top.